Wednesday, March 21, 2012

First Class

To end my adventures in Florida, somehow, inexplicably, I ended up in first class on the first leg of my life. It was a dream come true.

http://travelbestway.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/air-travel.jpg
Here's how it went down: after getting up at four in the morning (eastern time) to catch our flights, I said goodbye to [Львица] as we were in separate parts of the massive Orlando Airport and made my way through security line, where I was taken aside, had my bag rustled through and my hat complemented on by the nicest TSA agent I have ever met (seriously, he told me to put my sandals on because the floor was a bit cold. SIR, I SALUTE YOU). I then took the wrong tram to the wrong terminal but quickly realized my mistake and easily got on the right one. I then went to the wrong gate, which was directly across from the one I was supposed to be at, moved over, and watched CNN talk about Kate Middleton giving out shamrocks for Saint Patrick's Day and then decided Kate Middleton is amazing. Not long after this, a woman working at the gate called my name and I went up to the desk. She asked me if it would be okay if they changed my seat and I said sure. She offered me a seat near an emergency exit and I said it would be fine. Then she printed out a new boarding pass and said something along the lines of, "You'll really like this one."

I sat back down, looked at it and realized it said "priority boarding." Seat 3D - FIRST CLASS. HOW THE HELL DID THAT HAPPEN?! I couldn't decide if it had something to do withe my delay on the way to Orlando (getting stuck in Boston for three hours), or it was because of some seating issue and I was traveling alone and easy to move, or if it was just pure luck. Regardless, Delta - kudos. You have regained my trust. I got food and real glassware and real silverware and a hot towel and leg room and I WANT TO FLY THIS WAY ALL OF THE TIME.

Not gonna happen. But I can dream. Life tile made - and I didn't even expect it :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...