Friday, November 25, 2011

Alien Movies are Affecting My Brain

I just watched Super 8 with my parents tonight and I realized that I've been having a lot of bizarre dreams in connection to it.

Like just the other the night I dreamed that Freddie Highmore, looking just like Charlie in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory was my son (how my son was British, I'll never know) and he ran off into the forest (that looked just like the forests in Martha Marcy May Marlene) and teamed up with this architecture and science crew to build this secret lab to study aliens. And then he got arrested by the US government and I was really upset - both that the Freddie Highmore kid ran away, and that the government arrested him.

And then some time ago I dreamed that I was walking on this pedestrian bridge over the interstate, this one that's covered in wire fencing and ended up at some substation were this huge wooden fence had been built up around the electrical devices. Something was living back there and trying to tear its way out. The military arrived and I tried to escape but my way was barred by broken fence material so I started climbing the fence and swinging on it like a monkey. I had outrageous upper body strength and realized that whatever creature was living behind the fence was giving me some sort of superhero skills. So I escaped before the military could apprehend me.

Yeah, so I should seriously stop watching sci-fi. Like that's gonna happen.

And while I'm on the topic of weird dreams, I keep having this reoccurring one where the same thing happens - for no apparent reason, my teeth get loose and fall out. I had it once this semester and then again just last night. I mean, there I was, eating or something, and then I realized my two front teeth were loose. And suddenly the came out like baby teeth. And I woke up with "All I Want For Christmas Is My Two Front Teeth" in my head and I was not happy. But I've had this dream at least six or seven times over the last year or so and I have no idea why. This terrible dream dictionary I have says it means I'm worried about some relationship or friendship or something. I think it means I have some weird phobia about my teeth. Oy.

2 comments:

  1. I've heard the teeth falling out dream is linked to stress. I've had it on multiple occasions, also. It seems to be a fairly common dream.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That makes sense - I seem to have it more during the school year than any other time. Also good to know I'm probably not actually obsessed with my teeth. :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...