Monday, August 22, 2011

Things I'm still right about, Part 3

1) Men are stupid. Not all men, but a baffling high frequency surround my life. Like the guy in my neighborhood that was climbing a ladder that wasn't propped up against anything and then fell face-forward on it into the ground while a guy and girl just stood in the yard and smiled. Or how about this little gem that showed up on my Facebook page today:

[No-Mr-Darcy]: Just built a bookcase with [timmah!]...horrible experience.
[timmah!]: how was I supposed to know I couldn't stand on it?
[No-Mr-Darcy]: *speechless*

Actually, my point gets better. Here's a later status:

[No-Mr-Darcy]: very manly day. Had a grill out with the chums, brats and burgers. then helped [Bromandawg] get a bat out of imholt.

Yes, well, there you have it. Grilling and scaring poor bats out of buildings is clearly more manly than cleaning out a boiler room filled with concrete dust (not that I would have ANY experience with the latter :P). I will remember not to out-man you, should we meet again. Until then, my poor, poor oblivious acquaintance, I feel I'm just going to have to put up with reading your status up-dates... and passively-aggressively writing about them here. I don't imagine you're the sort that reads blogs, but just in case you are, now that I am doing this merely out of genuine concern (read: I am pissed at you. You are a nice guy, but so so SO dumb. And I cannot believe I am STILL a little bit upset about it. So forgive me when I say YOU SUCK. That is all). 

"They are strangely immature for men of their age and position." ~Stephen Maturin, Master and Commander
My sentiments exactly, Doctor... 

2) Martha Stewart's got nothing on me. I out-did myself at being crafty today. Sure, sure, [No-Mr-Darcy] was being all manly and shit, but I turned three wine bottles and a scotch bottle into art. Let me explain. My parents let me keep a couple extra wine bottles before to house some silk roses I had laying around. And now that I'm heading off to the apartment in less than a week (seriously? that's all the time I have to pack?!) I decided to make some decorative things since I had absolutely nothing better to do. I was rather proud at how they turned out. The red and black roses in the bottle were the ones I had before, but I added the yellow rose. And I dyed the blue rose myself (since apparently no one wants to sell silk roses that are blue, unless you want to get 84 of them). I used food coloring, which worked surprisingly well as I tried fabric dye before that, but it didn't work so I just dyed an pink t-shirt I didn't like much purple. Which looks way cooler I think.




In typical "technology hates me" fashion, all photos appeared correctly rotated... except for this one. Sorry.
Also, I experimented with a new way of eating ice cream - pouring liquid chai latte mix over vanilla ice cream. It is divine; like Halloween in a bowl, all spicy and sweet. I'm calling dibs on creating this recipe, before someone steals it, like Rachel Ray totally did when I made birthday pancakes for [Львица]'s birthday. Okay, that's probably just a coincidence, but the timing was suspicious... Regardless, ice cream + chai mix = WIN.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...