Tuesday, July 26, 2011

There and Back Again

So I haven't used this blog in a long time. Mainly because something called college got in the way of it. Also because I'm still fighting this internal battle as to whether or not I should give up the blog I started last summer. I haven't deleted it, but I did decided to follow my friend who now calls herself [Львица] on this blog so I can actually see what she's writing instead of having to remind myself to log in to my other account and then feel guilty about the old blog (check her out on The Slow Show - http://the-slow-show.blogspot.com/).

My confusing guilt aside, I have also been quite busy this summer. And out of the country for two weeks. My dream of going to Scotland finally came true and it was even more amazing than I thought it would be. It defiantly deserves a blog post - or 10. But not right now. I need to get back into the grove of this before I consider such lofty goals for myself.

And mainly, the rest of the time I've just been a total bum, skirting between joyous, enlightened glee, ridiculous romanticism, and now, unfortunately, the blue melancholy ennui of one who has no idea where the hell summer has gone.

So as a sort of reality check, I regain my critical eye and my prying beak (excuse the bird metaphors, but I am a culture vulture after all) and am thus, again, looking for some sort of outlet or guidance or something. And this time I will actually make this blog my primary blog (I hope). But that means it's going to be a lot of personal baggage and a lot of cultural baggage... which blend together very well, actually.

So here goes nothing :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...