Wednesday, February 8, 2012

After the Caucus

As a Minnesotan, I would like to address the fact that Santorum won the caucus here by saying this does not exactly represent that the state of Minnesota agrees with anything that is said by him in the following video:


I, for one, did not vote in the caucus because:

1) I am not a registered Republican. I am not a registered anything. I am a good old Independent/"I'll vote whatever the hell I feel like and screw your party lines" maniac.

2) I have yet to understand how the caucus works. You see, back in the Old Country (Indiana) we had something that made slightly more sense - it was a primary, and registered voters of Insert Party Name Here voted. I have yet to encounter any Minnesotans that a) know what a caucus is and b) voted in it. And only around 50,000 voted in the caucus. That's less than the number of students enrolled at my university.

3) If you don't know why I wouldn't vote for Santorum, watch the video again. If you aren't agreeing with the Fox News anchor (which I did, for perhaps the first time in my life), then perhaps we're having a failure to communicate - just like what's going on in this interview. I think we're done here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...