Monday, February 6, 2012

A Brief Summary of Current Mundanities

http://www.ewhoknow.com
I was checking my email today when I came across a message from Delta airlines which addressed me as Ms. I'd forgotten I'd chosen that article so I'm sitting at my laptop, a small part of my brain wondering for about two seconds, "Who the hell is Ms. Musto?"

It's been one of those days. I woke up yesterday with my jaw aching like mad and by yesterday afternoon I noticed my left cheek was swollen. When I woke up this morning with my gums now swollen, I knew I needed to go to the dentist ASAP. Turns out I had an infection. Which the dentist remedied by sticking some hook-like instrument into my gum to ease the pressure (and release blood and pus while he was at it). All without any sort of numbing or pain reliever, mind you.

I also appear to be catching a cold. Which seems to be the new norm for the beginning of each semester. Maybe I'm just allergic to course work. :P

In more exciting news, I watched the Superbowl, was not impressed with the ads, and decided Madonna is pretty much fantastic. I will now be listening to "Like A Prayer" on repeat for the next month and no one can stop me.

Oh, and I wrote a letter to Michele Bachmann. Which I hope she'll respond to.

And I realized today that I have my first test of the semester next Monday, in Research Methods, and I have that weird feeling like I fell asleep on a car trip and I've suddenly woken up and I now have no idea what part of the United States I'm in.

I also sprained my ankle last Monday trying to take up running at the gym. After all the years I spent loathing running and now I love it and I actually want to do it and I get backtalk from my pathetically weak ankles. *le sigh.*

So there you go... a random summary of nothing, mainly because I've been rather inconsistent in my blogging so far (curse you, spring semester! This is exactly what happened last year!). But I have been blogging for over a year - yay! I haven't given up on this! I'm still writing! And it hasn't totally lapsed into a fan-girl blog. That means I still have the chance of being taken seriously.

Hehehehe...yeah right. The girl who, within the span of two weeks was confused as being young enough to be in high school by one person AND old enough to have a child old enough to be in high school by another, is not feeling very likely to be taken seriously today. So for now, I'm going to curl up on the couch, wallow in pity, and watch Sherlock. Tomorrow I will "act my age." Whatever that means.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...