Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Loss at Day's End

I was just about to sit down and listen to my iTunes and procrastinate on Blogger about thirty minutes ago when my dad texted me and told me that Steve Jobs had died. Suddenly, I was sitting there with my computer at my wrists, crying for a man I'd never met.

Steve Jobs means a lot to me. He always seemed like the different guy in the tech world. His products were cooler, trendier and better working. He took the risk of making products that cost more in order to appeal to a more elegant, eye-pleasing, better-functioning machine. Take the computer I'm using right now - a  MacBook I've had for five years, at least, and it runs GREAT. No problems (unless it involves using Microsoft. But we all know why those issues exist). Apple is just incredible, especially with their phones and music devices. Where would we be without the iPod? Heck, even [shortage of perfect breasts], who's a computer science major, wants an iPhone - and she usually spouts Dells as the best computers in the world.

Steve Jobs changed the tech world - no doubt. His devices helped me overcome the belief that computers were weird, complicated devices that I would never figure out. This coinciding with something else I've decided tonight gives an extra oomph to how much of a part Apple computers play in my life. And though this probably seems like really rambling bullshit - which it is, because I'm still overcoming the flu, a little stressed, and grieved - I just wanted to take a moment to think reflect on a great man, before all the news channels start ask about what's next for Apple and people like [novel killer] say stuff that will piss me off. Right now I want a little bit of the sacred, a little moment of silence from a nobody who's life has been forever changed by this man. Thank you, Steve Jobs. Thank you for everything. You will be sorely missed. RIP.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...