Friday, October 21, 2011

Progress

So this was my least favorite U2 song until I heard it live, in the middle of the pouring rain at the TCF Bank Stadium this summer. And then, suddenly, it hit me how great this song is. Probably because it summed up exactly how I was feeling. And U2 is just fucking incredible live.


I've spent a good part of the last few months stuck in a moment. I didn't even realize how stuck I was until I started getting shaken loose from it. For some wonderful but unknown reason, I started getting out of my blue funk (baking cookies helped. I should remember that that's a great new therapy for me). And then Wednesday night, the news I'd been expecting for months finally appeared - [No-Mr-Darcy] is in a relationship, back together with his ex-girlfriend. Thank God. I don't even care that I was kind of a rebound girl. I'm just glad that poor girl gets a second chance. And that my chance is totally nullified. Finally I can move on. So, I went from U2 to something more like this...


"Let it go, this too shall pass" - thank you, OK Go, for those simple but sage words of wisdom. Finally I can do just that.

And now, I'm more at this point (I swear, I have a song for everything. I could just make my life into an entire musical out of pop songs, show tunes, and classic rock):


Yes, I feel "Violet." Let's call this progress :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...