Tuesday, August 30, 2011

American TV, we need more of this

So [Львица] introduced me to this British TV show that's a spin-off of Doctor. Who. Now, unlike everyone else I know, I haven't seen Doctor Who (I'm sorry, I don't get BBC. It saddens me deeply. But now in my new apartment I don't have cable at all. So it really doesn't matter). It sounds interesting, it's on my to-do list. But right now, I'm going to focus on Torchwood. Because John Barrowman is the shit. Like, I just stumbled across a video of him singing "I am what I am" from La Cage Aux Foilles. And then, [Львица] told me about Torchwood, WHICH HE'S IN (he plays Jack Harkness). And he plays a kick-ass action character. For the win. May I also add that the Brits seem way more cool with guys kissing guys, girls kissing girls and gay men doing bad-ass things? (or at least Jack Harkness' co-workers think he's gay as "imperial military is not the dress code of a straight man.")

Work on this, American television producers. Give me something that's not a doctor or police drama. This is like X-files meets Fringe meets AWESOME. The lead character is even American... or so it seems. Why don't our writers come up with stuff like this? I shouldn't be complaining that much, because shows like Six Feet Under and Dexter are pretty great. So as long as I have access to BBC, Showtime and HBO, life is good.

Thank God [Львица]has instant streaming on Netflix. :D

Yes, we know we're that awesome. Deal with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...