Thursday, August 11, 2011

Hit me with your best shot

You know what makes me feel better about life? Watching a girl from Provence enjoy a bagel, when she's never eaten one before. It gave me a mini-breakthrough. The sort that made me realize how simple things could be if only I could keep my mind de-cluttered. For the things that mean a lot to me are things that, at the day's end, have a shining little glow to them. Like watching someone discover the unique-ness of bagels. Like realizing that this is the best I've felt in months. Like not worrying for once and telling my parents that I'm going to become a pirate spy, and having them laughing and smiling along with me.

Too often, I get bogged down by the shitty things that chain up my hopes. Once I get them out of my head, I'm back on my A-game. Unfortunately, it takes some really depressing days - and some really depressing blogs - to do that. After skimming over my stuff about love and loss, I realize that is some really sad shit and that I failed to do one thing - show that it's made me a stronger person. My friend, [Львица], gave me some great advice during my first romantic experience - no matter what, you'll come out feeling stronger. You might not feel like it now, but you will. I would like to take the chance to say she is 100% right. It came on strong, then faded a bit with my de-cluttering via blogging, but it came back afterwards, and more so today than any other. Perhaps because I finally realized I don't miss the guy ([Львица] called him [no-Mr-Darcy] - which is so fantastic, I have to use it here). Also, it's hit me how much better I feel as a person. I've gotten my first broken heart - and I feel like the shit.. I watched this VH1 thing about Adam Lambert the other night and he said something along the lines of, "You've got to find that part about you that you love and embrace it." In a moment that I can't make up, it dawned on me that I've been spending too much time around people that don't make me love myself. They make me feel like shit. But I'm not shit - I'm THE shit. So fuck you, all yea who dare to make me feel like "half a person" - and then actually call me that (cannot believe you actually said that, [X]. Really?) Hit me with your best shot - because I'm a fucking ninja.



Damn right, Bill Nye.

I realized some things I always knew but had hidden behind all my attempts at fulfilling other's expectations, which has gotten me nowhere. In the words of Adam Lambert (dude, I'm really quoting him tonight) - "I feel like everyone has an opinion of me, and I want a chance to say, 'Well, do you want to hear how I really feel about this?'" [Львица] listens; too many don't. I've always been a bit over the top about my voice getting silence, because I was a quiet kid for too many years. Maybe some people I know are doing the same - but methinks they are overcompensating. I know the world can here me loud and clear - it's time to make it affective. Because it's the things I already know and believe that are enlightening me right now; and it's time to make them glow.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...